Creative left–brained marketing professional with over a decade of demonstrated success creating strategies that drive efficient ROI, increase retention and achieve exceptional LTV. Focused on representing the underrepresented.
Director of Marketing Communications – Shutterstock Oct 2015 – Present
Enterprise SaaS company targeted at marketing professionals growing 40% YoY.
- Managed +$2M annual budget to drive CPL and customer acquisition funnel metrics to achieve sales quota
- Delivered 106% of total lead goal to sales that resulted in 118% new opportunities goal
- Built content, campaign and distribution strategy around customer needs, market dynamics, product vision and SEO
- Measured initiatives to ensure marketing is driving qualified leads to sales, maintaining an efficient CPL and positive ROAS
- Responsible for content distribution initiatives like list segmentation and ad targeting to remailing or repackaging stale content
- Produced 113 blogs, 16 guides, 15 customer stories, 5 webinars, 4 product videos, 2 Infographics, launched and sent monthly newsletters to each customers and prospects
- Managed Marketing Coordinator one direct report and a remote contract team (of 4 people) for content and email marketing with a focus on career development
- Worked with Creative Director to manage website development using conversion rates, behavior flow and heat maps to optimize layouts and CTAs
- Completed full rebrand of Webdam, including over 7,000 design assets within three months; launched one product; multiple feature announcements; several segmented nurture tracks for customers and prospects and bi-monthly release notes
- Selected by leadership to run “high performance culture” committee of twelve employees focused on fulfilling/executing on company’s KPIs
Head of Marketing & Operations – BetterCompany Oct 2014 – Oct 2015
Startup in SF founded to help people have a better workday. Owned marketing and operations for beta app launched in Canada, used findings to prepare for US app launch:
- Third employee, first non-technical hire. Ran point with founder on hiring to grow internal team from three to eleven to acquire talent necessary for US launch
- Determined and prioritized product roadmap informed by user insights and company vision
- Conducted team interviews to determine and institutionalize brand values, mission, tone and positioning
- Wrote in-app conduct manual; hired, trained and managed customer experience coordinator
- Collaborated with lead engineers to develop and execute product launch plan
- Refined product through a Listening Tour to meet with thought-leaders and prospects within employee engagement industry
- Ran point for first large-scale enterprise sales RFP, client: Lululemon
Post-Launch responsibilities and accomplishments:
- Drove Acquisition: Averaged 2% conversion rate on email marketing to mobile installs from iOS and Android devices. Utilized additional methods including social media ads, partnership programs, guerilla marketing, peer-to-peer invites from within app.
- Powered Referrals: Average 1.3 user invites per user. Owned peer-to-peer invite flow, improve through A/B testing and user insights.
Director of Marketing – Clarabridge (acquired Market Metrix) June 2014 – Oct 2014
Director of Demand Generation – Market Metrix April 2013 – June 2014
- Increased monthly lead average by 43%, demo requests by 68%, web traffic by 100% and marketing ROI by 815%
- Provided Client Dev team with strategy, and resources to handle influx
- Collaborated with EVP of Marketing and Product to deliver all marketing activities, including investor presentations, editorial calendar and management of activities
- Responsible for reaching monthly lead, demo request, blog post, campaign and web analytics quotas
- Owned strategy and execution behind vertically, geographically and role segmented campaigns, including launch into new verticals and partnership programs.
- Collaborated with Head of Sales to develop and lead global Sales Kickoff for +20 sales reps and strategic consultants
- Only non-executive involved in Clarabridge/Market Metrix integration workshop to develop combined messaging, branding, and positioning story. Worked directly with CMO to create, finalize, and present
- Selected to be the Market Metrix Integration Lead to help company meet post-acquisition goals. Responsible for ensuring department heads work effectively to merge companies
Go-To-Market & Positioning Consultant – Firebrick Consulting July 2011 – April 2013
- Advised over a dozen companies (Ex; Citrix, Workday, Cardinal Health) with their go-to-market strategies. Worked with team to develop positioning decks, sales playbooks, message guides.
- Supported over 10 workshops: conducted over 100 executive interviews, and 8 validation focus groups.
- Analyzed data insights derived from automation tools to equip team to categorize leads.
- Created internal processes to effectively deliver timely, quality work to client. Liaison between clients and creative.
- Owned creation of 50+ page integration playbook combining Firebrick into Ransford holding company.
- Owned the marketing tech stack; evaluated and implemented new solutions like HubSpot and integrated it into SalesForce.
- Conducted brand refresh alongside Creative Director, which lead to increased monthly engagement.
SKILLS & TOOLS Excel | SFDC | Marketo | Google Analytics | Facebook | Twitter Ads | WordPress | HTML | CSS |
University of San Francisco 2011| MBA: Entrepreneurship & International Business
Fordham University 2008 | BS: Business Administration, Marketing
UC Berkeley Extension 2015 | HTML & CSS, Data Modeling & Database Design
General Assembly 2017 | Intro to Photoshop | Advanced Excel, Beyond the Basics | Content Strategy | User Research Techniques
Want to connect? Let’s do it.