Creative left–brained marketer with over a decade of success creating strategies that drive efficient ROI, increase retention and achieve exceptional LTV. Focused on representing the underrepresented.
US Expansion Project Manager, Someone Somewhere April 2018 – Present
Socially conscious lifestyle brand
- Launch US website and physical pop-up store on Abbot Kinney in Venice Beach, LA
- Translate 95 products, update HTML and optimize for SEO based on search intent
- Create three new and update several existing webpages to educate market on brand and capitalize on SEO opportunities
- Conducted workshops, surveys and interviews to inform launch campaign as well as develop a master brand guidelines to align team prelaunch.
- Wrote US-facing campaign copy (email, social, in-store, direct-mail)
- Lived in Mexico City for two months, visited several artisan communities and LA pop-up to understand end-to-end production process
- Facilitated overhaul of YouTube channel to better index on Google ahead of launch as well as Twitter.
Marketing Consultant, Sightworthy June 2018 – Present
Tech startup that optimizes video for online
- Responsible for the creation and execution of content and content calendar
- Upsell, cross-sell and land-and-expand within account initiatives
- On call for strategic insights, customer voice and board meetings
- Manage two direct reports, social media manager and blog writer
Director of Marketing Communications – Webdam, Shutterstock Oct 2015 – Present Enterprise SaaS company targeted at marketing professionals growing 40% YoY.
- Developed and managed content strategy, creation, promotion and analysis across all channels; ensured messaging and brand tone was consistent across all touchpoints and KPIs were met
- Built marketing strategy around buyer personas, product software benefits, market dynamics, and targeted SEO keywords and PPC plan
- Responsible for content distribution initiatives like list segmentation and ad targeting to remailing or repackaging stale content
- Produced 125 blogs, 17 guides, 20 customer stories, 6 webinars, 5 product videos, 4 Infographics, 3 nurture programs, 12 events, monthly newsletters to each customers and prospects
- Managed +$2M annual budget to drive customer acquisition strategy and achieve sales goals
- Measured initiatives around quarterly reporting KPIs to ensure marketing is driving qualified leads through the funnel maintaining an efficient CPL and positive ROAS
- Delivered 106% leads to sales that resulted in 118% new opportunities compared to goal
- Managed Marketing Coordinator one direct report and a remote contract team (of 4 people) for content and email marketing with a focus on career development
- Worked with Creative Director to manage website development using conversion rates, behavior flow and heat maps to optimize layouts and CTAs
- Completed full rebrand of Webdam, including over 7,000 design assets within three months; launched one product; multiple feature announcements; several segmented nurture tracks for customers and prospects and bi-monthly release notes
- Selected by leadership to run “high performance culture” committee of twelve employees focused coalescing company around unifying vision
Head of Marketing & Operations – BetterCompany Oct 2014 – Oct 2015
Startup in SF founded to help people have a better workday. Owned marketing and operations for beta app launched in Canada, used findings to prepare for US app launch:
- Determined and institutionalized brand values, mission, tone and positioning for the company
- Ran and measured all marketing initiatives; email marketing, press releases, social, app-store
- Wrote in-app communications; hired, trained and managed customer experience team
- Refined product through a Listening Tour to meet with thought-leaders and stakeholders
- Partnered with founder to determine and prioritize product roadmap
- Third employee, first non-technical hire. Ran point with founder on hiring to grow internal team from three to eleven to acquire talent necessary for US launch
- Ran point for first large-scale enterprise sales RFP, client: Lululemon
Post-Launch responsibilities and accomplishments:
- Drove Acquisition: Averaged 2% conversion rate on email marketing to mobile installs. Leveraged paid social, partners, and in-app invites to further drive growth..
- Powered Referrals: Average 1.3 user invites per user. Owned peer-to-peer invite flow, improve through A/B testing and user insights.
Director of Marketing – Clarabridge (acquired Market Metrix) June 2014 – Oct 2014 Director of Demand Generation – Market Metrix April 2013 – June 2014
- Responsible for marketing channels and content strategy including website content including blog, email marketing, webinars, social media, datasheet and customer stories
- Owned strategy and execution behind vertically, geographically and role segmented campaigns, including launch into new verticals and partnership programs.
- Collaborated with EVP of Marketing to deliver all marketing activities, including investor presentations, editorial calendar and management of activities
- Provided sales team with messaging strategy and content resources to optimize performance
- Partnered with Head of Sales to develop and lead global Sales Kickoff for +20 sales reps and strategic consultants
- Led Market Metrix integration with Clarabridge to help company meet post-acquisition goals. Responsible for company-wide communications and ensuring department heads work effectively to merge company
- Only non-executive involved in Clarabridge/Market Metrix integration workshop to develop combined messaging, branding, and positioning story. Worked directly with CMO to create, finalize, and present
- Increased monthly lead average by 43%, demo requests by 68%, web traffic by 100% and marketing ROI by 815%
Go-To-Market & Positioning Consultant – Firebrick Consulting July 2011 – April 2013
- Advised over a dozen companies (Ex; Citrix, Workday) with their go-to-market strategies. Worked with team to develop positioning decks, sales playbooks, message guides.
- Supported over 10 workshops: conducted over 100 executive interviews, and 8 validation focus groups.
- Analyzed data insights derived from automation tools to equip team to categorize leads.
- Created internal processes to effectively deliver timely, quality work to client. Liaison between clients and creative.
- Owned creation of 50+ page integration playbook combining Firebrick into Ransford holding company.
- Owned the marketing tech stack; evaluated and implemented new solutions like HubSpot and integrated it into SalesForce.
- Conducted brand refresh alongside Creative Director, which lead to increased monthly engagement.
SKILLS & TOOLS Salesforce | Marketo | Google Analytics | Excel | Trello | WordPress | HTML | CSS | Facebook/Twitter/LinkedIn Ads | Google Adwords | BetterWorks | Greenhouse| | MailChimp | Hootsuite
University of San Francisco | MBA: Entrepreneurship & International Business
Fordham University | BS: Business Administration, Marketing
UC Berkeley Extension | HTML & CSS, Data Modeling & Database Design
General Assembly | Intro to Photoshop, Advanced Excel, Content Strategy, User Research Techniques
HOBBIES 2X Ironman | Member of Women Catalysts | USF MBA Alumni Mentor | Marketing Advisor to Garden Creamery