Creative left–brained marketing professional with success creating strategies that drive efficient ROI, performance and LTV. Interested in the intersection of marketing, culture and technology.
Content Marketing Strategist, Sightworthy June 2018 – Present
Tech startup that optimizes video for social
- Developed digital marketing plan to drive consumers through acquisition funnel; owned content calendar strategy, referral programs and execution
- Achieved 35% higher revenue due to content strategy around upsell and forward thinking content pieces (e.g. IGTV called “IGTV and The Rules for Engagement” and a webinar partnership with founding Shutterstock employees)
- Managed two direct reports; social media manager and content writer.
- Provided strategic insights on upselling within accounts, improved messaging, supplied opinions on customer voice and attended board meetings when available
US Expansion Project Manager and Marketing Lead, Someone Somewhere April 2018 – Present
Digitally Native Retail Brand
- Responsible for launching US website and physical pop-up store on Abbot Kinney in LA
- Project managed launch timeline including development of marketing strategy and campaign
- Worked closely with cross-functional teams and agencies to develop content for launch
- Researched market and competitive landscape to create and recommend appropriate positioning, messaging and pricing to resonate with target audiences
- Led brand guidelines effort for entire company; conducted workshops, surveys and interviews to inform launch campaign as well as align team, influencers and photographers prelaunch
- Wrote US-facing campaign copy (email, paid and unpaid media, social, in-store, direct-mail)
- Translated 95 products, updated HTML and optimized SEO based on search intent
- Facilitated overhaul of YouTube to better index on Google ahead of launch as well as Twitter
- Create new and updated existing pages to educate market and capitalize on SEO opportunities
- Helped launch event at WeWork and supplied strategy for tracking conversions.
- Lived in Mexico City for two months, visited several artisan communities and LA pop-up
Director of Marketing Communications – Webdam, Shutterstock Oct 2015 – April 2018
Enterprise SaaS company targeted at marketing professionals growing 40% YoY.
- Managed +$2.6M annual budget to drive consumer acquisition strategy and achieve sales goals
- Responsible for integrated marketing strategy for paid and unpaid media to achieve target KPIs
- Ran weekly marketing and biz dev, events, content, 1:1, PPC and SEO meetings. Attended and presented at weekly sales meeting
- Produced 120 blogs, 16 guides, 18 case studies, 6 webinars, 5 videos, 3 Infographics, 3 nurture programs, 10 events, several datasheets and monthly newsletters to customers and prospects
- Managed Marketing Coordinator, SEO agency of two, PPC agency of two and a remote contract team of four people for content and email marketing with a focus on career development
- Sourced and established partnerships with complimentary brands, partners and consultants based on their account lists and networks for content promotion and distribution opportunities
- Focused on CPL and ROAS; delivered 106% leads and 118% new opportunities compared to goal
- Worked with Creative Director to create new and engaging content, manage website development using conversion rates, behavior flow and heat maps to optimize layouts and CTAs
- Completed full rebrand of Webdam, including over 7,000 creative assets within three months; launched one product; multiple feature announcements; several segmented nurture tracks
- Selected to run “high performance culture” committee of twelve focused on fulfilling KPIs
Head of Marketing & Operations – BetterCompany, now TalentShare Oct 2014 – Oct 2015
Mobile app startup
- Third employee, first non-technical hire. Ran point with founder on scaling internal team from three to eleven to acquire talent necessary for US launch
- Conducted internal strategy sessions and user app testing; set forth vision with founder and determined product roadmap with product team
- Collaborated with lead product to execute on-time launch; Led post-launch marketing efforts
- Led internal interviews to set brand values, mission, tone and positioning
- Wrote in-app conduct manual; hired, trained and managed customer experience coordinator
- Refined product through user interviews across US
- Ran point for first large-scale enterprise sales RFP, client: Lululemon
Director of Marketing – Clarabridge (acquired Market Metrix) June 2014 – Oct 2014
Director of Demand Generation – Market Metrix April 2013 – June 2014
- Created content for target market that drove meaningful site traffic; increased monthly lead average by 43%, demo requests by 68%, web traffic by 100% and marketing ROI by 815%
- Provided Client Dev team with strategy, and resources to handle influx
- Collaborated with EVP of Marketing and Product to deliver all marketing activities, including investor presentations, editorial calendar and management of activities
- Responsible for reaching monthly lead, demo request, blog, campaign and site analytics quotas
- Owned strategy and execution behind vertically, geographically and role segmented campaigns, including launch into new verticals and partnership programs.
- Collaborated with Head of Sales to develop and lead global Sales Kickoff for +20 attendees
- Only non-executive involved in Clarabridge/Market Metrix integration workshop to develop combined branding, and positioning. Worked directly with CMO to create, finalize, and present
- Selected to be the Market Metrix Integration Lead to help company meet post-acquisition goals. Responsible for ensuring department heads work effectively to merge companies
Go-To-Market & Positioning Consultant – Firebrick Consulting July 2011 – April 2013
- Advised over a dozen companies (Ex; Citrix, Workday) with their go-to-market strategies. Worked with team to develop positioning decks, sales playbooks, message guides.
- Supported 12 workshops: conducted over 100 executive interviews, 8 validation focus groups.
- Created internal processes to deliver timely, quality work to client. Client liaison to creative.
- Owned 50+ page integration playbook combining Firebrick into Ransford holding company.
- Owned the marketing tech stack; evaluated and implemented HubSpot and SalesForce.
- Conducted brand refresh alongside Creative Director, which increased monthly engagement.
SKILLS & TOOLS Salesforce | Marketo | Google Analytics | Excel | Trello | WordPress | HTML | CSS | Facebook/Twitter/LinkedIn Ads | Google Adwords | BetterWorks | Greenhouse| | MailChimp | Hootsuite
University of San Francisco | MBA: Entrepreneurship & International Business
Fordham University | BS: Business Administration, Marketing
UC Berkeley Extension | HTML & CSS, Data Modeling & Database Design
General Assembly | Intro to Photoshop, Advanced Excel, Content Strategy, User Research Techniques
2X Ironman | Member of Women Catalysts | USF MBA Alumni Mentor | Marketing Advisor to Garden Creamery
Published Forbes, Marketing Has A Role In Achieving Diversity And Inclusion In The Workplace, 2018
Published Forbes, How To Maximize Your Brand’s Pinterest Potential, 2017
Created Majoritee: website that spotlights and interviews brands run by women, people of color and LGBTQ